Gillian is our global leader for the hospitality and tourism industry and head of advisory services for Grant Thornton South Africa.
- Developed a national tourism strategy for South Africa
- Assessed the benefits of the 2010 Soccer World Cup hosted in South Africa
- Advised on restructuring of a major Southern African hotel group
- Regularly selected as an expert in disputes relating to hotels and lodges
- Major market research surveys of the tourism sector
- Numerous hotel feasibility studies
Gillian works with a wide range of clients across the hospitality and tourism industry in both the public and private sectors, providing tourism and business strategies, feasibility studies, economic impact assessments, destination marketing plans and valuations. She is a regular media commentator and sits on the board of the University of Johannesburg’s school of tourism and hospitality.
- BSc (Hons) hotel, catering and tourism management (University of Surrey)
- MBA degree (Wits Business School)