Carol leads the not for profit industry practice both globally and in Grant Thornton UK, which encompasses charities, housing, education and other bodies with a not for profit objective. She has specialised in the sector for more than 20 years and has worked with organisations of all sizes including:
- charities such as Action for Children, St John Ambulance, Royal Opera House and World Animal Protection
- educational institutions such as University of Kent, London Metropolitan University, Dulwich College and Methodist Residential Schools
- membership bodies, which include the Royal Society of Medicine and NHS Confederation
- other not for profit organisations such as the National Housing Federation and Carbon Trust.
- CARE International UK
Carol leads our thought leadership for the sector, which includes reports on the use of social media, governance in the charity and housing sectors, the financial health of higher education and the effectiveness of audit committees.
She also chairs the UK forum, NFP Interchange, which is run in conjunction with The Guardian and is for leaders in the NFP world. Recent subjects for debate have included succession planning, strategic planning and the relationship between executives and the non-executives.
- Sightsavers audit committee
- Charity Finance Directors Group
- ICAEW’s charity technical sub-committee
- Charity Commission’s SORP committee